Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Pivot Table Percentage of Sub-Total

Hi

I was finally able to find my post. The source data would be like the
following. We have a number of different vehicles that can be checked out by
various departments. When it comes time to calculate the insurance cost each
department will pick up, I need to calculate the percentage for each
department. It doesn't give me the correct percentages unless I manually
calculate it...well there are like 50 some vehicles.

Vehicle Department Miles
Dodge1 Dept1 20
Dodge1 Dept2 10
Dodge1 Dept1 10
Chevy1 Dept3 20
Chevy1 Dept3 15
Chevy1 Dept2 20
Chevy2 Dept3 20
Chevy2 Dept4 25

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Please show us the source data.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Michelle" wrote in message
I have searched through all the posts and can't find the answer I am
looking
for. I have a pivot table where I am trying to get the percentage of the
subtotal for each item, but it only lets me get the percentage of the
grand
total. I saw a previous example which basically summed up the percentages
which not work in my case.

The following is what I would like to see...but I keep getting either #n/a
or percentages of the grandtotal which are not going to work.

Vehicle Dept Miles Percentage
Car 1 A 10 10%
B 10 10%
C 80 80%