Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Looking for formula

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(--MID('Data (RAW)'!A2:A17,13,12)=D2),--(--MID('Data
(RAW)'!A2:A17,13,12)<=E2))

Does this data come from another application or the web? That would explain
why the data is TEXT and has extra whitspace characters. If this is the case
it would be easier to "clean" the data. Let me know if you are interested in
this.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ken" wrote in message
Hi David,

I need to point the formula to a separate "Data (RAW)" tab in the formula,
do you know how I would write it? If column A resides on a different tab
named Data (Raw) how would I add it to the formula below?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(--MID(A2:A17,13,12)=D2),--(--MID(A2:A17,13,12)<=E2))

Appreciate the help!

Regards,

"David Biddulph" wrote:

The 13,12 are the second and third arguments of the MID function. MID is
standard Excel function and its syntax is explained (with examples) in
Excel
help.

You probably don't need to worry about the warning "The formula in this
cell
refers to a range that has additional numbers adjacent to it.", providing
that you are confident that you have included the correct cells in your
formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Ken" wrote in message
Hi T. Valko,

Am I the only one having probems with this web forum? I'm having
problems
expanding the discussion list and when I click on the names it shows
blank.
Anyway, I need to get back to the problem at hand.

Your suggestion is perfect ... if I could get it to work. Can you help
me
understand what this portion of the formula is doing ",13,12"?

When I tried your formula it returned a value of 0 and gave me the
following
error:

"The formula in this cell refers to a range that has additional numbers
adjacent to it."

Appreciate the help!

Ken

"T. Valko" wrote:

Assuming you dates/times are all in the same column and they're really
TEXT
strings:

Use cells to hold your time boundaries:

D2 = 3:00 PM
E2 = 6:00 PM

=SUMPRODUCT(--(--MID(A2:A17,13,12)=D2),--(--MID(A2:A17,13,12)<=E2))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ken" wrote in message
Looking for help...

I manage a closed ticket report and I need to find a formula that
will
find
all tickets in a certain time range.

For instance, in the list below, how would I write a formula to
count
all
tickets that came in between 3:00:00 PM and 6:00:00 PM (The date is
not
important)?

TIME_ACTION_TAKEN
02/10/2009 5:09:32 PM