Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Countif not counting

How about:
=COUNTIF(a:a,"=<=$9000")
This may be easier to understand later:
=COUNTIF(a:a,"="&"<=$9000")

It looks weird, but seems to work in this case.

And if you get one that you just can't get right, you could use:

=sumproduct(--(a1:a99="<=$9000"))

But you can't use the whole column until xl2007.

PatriciaT wrote:

Hi, i'm puzzled and have never run across this before. I have a column
containing several instances of this value: <=$9000 nothing fancy as you
can see. When i countif and point to this column using a value copied/pasted
so i know it's exact, my result is zero. I even reference the value in the
column in the formula and get zero. Any ideas? Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson