Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tskogstrom tskogstrom is offline

Default Connectors or line ends to fixed cells when they move? Useprecedents?

Hi,
I try to show the linkage between different cells in columns, and want
to have lines between them. When I filter and sort the columns, i'd
like to have the linkage still fixed to their original cells.

For example, if A1 is connected with lines to C10 and C11, they still
are even if you sort it on C column and the order is upside down.

In the best of worlds, if C11 is filered out, the line with A1 should
go away.

I have tried with some kind of formula linkage between cells and use
"Trace Precedents". That should make it always possible to get lines
between cells, but I hadn't figured out any logic way to do it yet.

The other approach would be VBA and a kind of table storage of line
ends linked to "Upper left cell" location, but I guess it demands that
every cell in the table is named.

Anybody done this kind of application before?

Kindest regards
Tskogstrom