Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Palpha32 Palpha32 is offline

Default Excel 2002/2003 problem

I have written a worksheet using Excel 2002. The sheet contains pivot
tables, links and macros. When I open the file with another computer using
Excel 2003 it works properly the first time. If I try to open it again using
Excel 2003 I get a message that says "Unable to read file". On clicking OK I
get another message that says "Repairs to 'file name'" and the contents of
the box show that the pivot tables have been disabled. I understand that
this issue occurred with Excel 2007 because of a different pivot table setup
but I thought 2002 and 2003 should be compatible. It is also strange the the
file will open correctly the first time but not subsequently. If I delete
the folder containing the file and recreate it and then reload the file it
will again work once. I have already bought Excel 2007 to fix that issue, I
don't really want three versions. By the way, the computer I am trying to
run the file on has only 2003 installed.
Please help me with a solution
Thankyou