Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
shazydotcom shazydotcom is offline

Default Numbers changed into zeros

Dear Jackob,

I tried to do so but it returns the value as in the formula bar. In other
words 44800000000. It shows that the original numbers have been lost. The
question is why they were lost and how to recover them?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Select all Ctrl+A
Rightclick Format Cells
Select Number with number of decimals 0

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

"shazydotcom" wrote:

I have a problem that i had phone numbers in excel columns. After some time I
have opened the file and see that Excel has changed the phone numbers into
the format like 4.48E+11 and in the formula bar it shows like 448000000000.
It means that Excel has replaced the last 9 digits with zeros. This has
happened to majority of cells within one worksheet while yet there are
certain cells which were not affected by this problem and they are showing
the original numbers correctly. Please help me how can i recover my original
numbers and why this problem has happened.