Drew

The colors are not applied conditionally. The provided website is exactly
what I need. I guess, I don't know how to incorporate the code into my
workbook.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

If the colors are applied by Conditional Formatting, use the same
criteria as your CF in a COUNTIF().

If the colors are applied manually, look he

http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

In article ,
"Drew" wrote:

I have a question about counting values. I realize you can count specific
values, sprecific words, or blanks cells using the Count, CountIF, CountA and
SUM functions. Is there a function that can count a cell fill color? For
instance I have a document with a few different colored cells all
representing different conditions. Is there a way to count all the green
cells? Or count all the green and orange cells, but not the yellow cells?

Thanks