Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Francis Francis is offline

Default Help with SUMPRODUCT Function

Hi
try this

=SUMPRODUCT((Data!K2:K10="AL")*(Data!AB2:AB10=TRUE ))

remove "" from TRUE
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

I am an ordinary user trying to assist another

Thank You

cheers, francis

"MattyP" wrote:

Hello -
I'm in need of some help. I need to count the number of occurences (rows)
in a Worksheet, based on two criteria (column entries) in that row.

I've been trying to use the 'SUMPRODUCT' function, but keep winding up with
a value of 0 (although I know the answer should be 0, when I count portions
manually). The formula I've been trying to use is below:

=SUMPRODUCT((Data!K1:K3000="AL")*(Data!AB1:AB3000= "TRUE"))

Where "Data!" is the tab the information is on (the report/detail I'm
attempting to compile in on another tab), column K identifies the state (in
this case AL), and column AB is a flag for whether or not a product has been
included (the only values are True or False).

I've tried everything I can think of, but still can't seem to get this to
work. Any help would be most appreciated !

Thanks for your help,
- Matt