Ellen

Mike,

There's a knowledgebase record on this:

Ellen

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

You can't copy from one area, and paste Values into an area with merged
cells, even if the layout is identical.

Either unmerge the cells in the destination, or do a normal paste, then
copy the destination, and paste as values onto itself.

Mike W wrote:
When I copy cells from one workbook and and try to paste them into another
workbook using PasteSpecial/Values, I get the following error: "The operation
requires the merged cells to be identically sized." The destination workbook
is exactly the same as the source workbook since it is just a renamed copy of
the source workbook, so I know the cells are exactly the same. I'm using
Excel 2002 SP-1. Any ideas how to solve this?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List