Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mikebres mikebres is offline

Default formula question

You would probably also find it usefull to search the Help for "About cell
and range references" and read up on the "The difference between relative and
absolute references"

Mike

"abraun" wrote:

I am using the following fomula
=LOOKUP(c3,Lists!$aa2:$aa113,Lists!$ab2:ab113)
the formulas works great, however in trying to copy the formula, it adds a
number to the list values and looks like this.
=LOOKUP(c3,Lists!$aa3:$aa114,Lists!$ab3:ab114)
the list I am wanting to work with starts at aa1 and ends at aa113, so this
will not work.
I do not want to edit the formula in each cell, as I am wanting to fill
acouple thousand cells.
any suggestions?