Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to set the cell for date?

Did you try Bernard's suggestion?

Eric wrote:

Thank everyone very much for suggestions
I need to do it daily, and would like to
change the cell format or
retrieve the data and modify it into a correct date format, rather than swap
the setting everyday.
Do you have any more suggestions?
Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Make the change (just temporary), do the import, change it back.

Eric wrote:

Thank you very much for suggestions
Some worksheet is using the date format dd/mm/yy, therefore I cannot change
the Windows Regional Options for date format into mm/dd/yy.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Set the format in Windows Regional Options (via the Control Panel) to match
your data.
--
David Biddulph

"Eric" wrote in message
When I import the data from following link, its date format is mm/dd/yy
instead of dd/mm/yy, therefore, the cell will recognize 03/10/09 to be 3
Oct,
2009 instead of 10 Mar, 2009, however, the recognized error occurs on
03/17/09 for a valid date format. Does anyone have any suggestions how to
retrieve the right date format from importing following link?

http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/domes...te/yield.shtml

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

--