Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
watermt watermt is offline

Default Validation List - adding new entries

Thanks to both Howard and Gord, I am out of the office today but will
hopefully be in a position to try your recommendations. I will let you know
and this discussion group know if one or more suggestions resolved my issue.

Mike

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Howard

That won't add new items to the list.

Debra Dalgleish has a couple of methods in these download sample workbooks.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0038

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0012

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:32:10 -0700, "L. Howard Kittle"
wrote:

Go to the second sheet and select the entire column(or enough of that column
so you will never run out of rows) and name it, say MyList.

Now on the first sheet in the Data Valadation check List and in the Source
box enter =MyList OK.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"watermt" wrote in message
I have a Validation list (=PhysiciansLN) that lists the last names of
physicians in our hospital. If a user of this Excel file does not find
the
physicians last name in the =PhysiciansLN list is there a way that I can
allow the user to type the new last name and have that automatically added
the =PhysiciansLN list?

I was hoping to be able to add new last names to that list through a
formula
or function?

Mike