Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H[_3_] Mike H[_3_] is offline

Default Counting # of days between 2 dates excluding Fri & Sat)

Did you try

=NETWORKDAYS(A1+1,A2+1)

with some test dates? If not try the formula with the dates below
which are a Friday and a Saturday and I bet you get zero and if you
try again omitting the +1 you will get 1.

6/3/2009
7/3/2009

Mike

On 20 Mar, 12:52, "Ashish Mathur" wrote:
Hi,

The networkdays function assumes weekends as Sat/Sun and not Fri/Sat

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVPwww.ashishmathur.com

"Mike H" wrote in message

Try this

=NETWORKDAYS(A1+1,A2+1)

Start date in A1
End date in A2

In the UK if a public holiday falls with a persons vacation period
then some companies don't deduct that day so to include hoilidays use

=NETWORKDAYS(A1+1,A2+1,Holidays+1)

Where Holidays is a named range of dates to exclude form the
calculation

This now becomes an array formula

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift
+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly
brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the
formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Mike

On 20 Mar, 10:59, Khaledity wrote:
Hi,

I am doing a vacation tracking sheet for my subordinates, and I want
to count the number of days they have consumed by entering start date
and end date.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Khaledity- Hide quoted text -