Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default VBA code shared between .XLS files

Write an XLA add-in. Then when code needs updating, you just update
the one XLA file. See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/CreateAddIn.aspx
for the basics for writing an XLA. They're quite simple.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 07:51:00 -0700, BitTwiddler
wrote:

I have lots of worksheet files that use the same VBA code. Currently I copy
the code from one file to the next. However, if there is an error in the VBA
code, I have to go to ALL the files and update it, which is a royal pain.
Combining all the files into a single file is not practical. How can I have
a single copy of the VBA code that is used by all the files?