Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DogEatDog World DogEatDog World is offline

Default - in sumproduct

I got one excel book and I was very intriegued by use of sumprod function
=+SUMPRODUCT(--($C$8:$C$109="A");--(D$8:D$1090))
Now I need to use it so I would like to know what does it do(in general)
In example above it finds in range $C$8:$C$109 cells that have "A" gives
them value 1 and multiplies with corresponding cell in range D$8:D$1090
which it also gives value 1. Is it possible that all that is done with just a
-. When I click at the formula it doesn't show explanation for that only for
sumprod