Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre[_3_] Ron Coderre[_3_] is offline

Default Thank you

You weren't explicit...but, I'm guessing that:
1) values are calculated or true blanks
2) zeros, #N/A!, and blanks should be ignored

If that's true, try this regular formula:
=SUMIF(A1:A10,"<#N/A")/COUNTIF(A1:A10,"0")

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron Coderre
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"lilbeanie1033" wrote in message
One more question - In reference to this formula, how would I also omit a
blank cell? It's a chronological spread, so if I am at the beginning of
the
report cycle, there will be areas not yet scored. I'd like my average to
be
"to date". I hope that makes sense.

Your input is really helpful - thank you!

If the only error values would be #N/A..
try this regular formula:
=SUMIF(A1:A10,"<#N/A")/COUNT(A1:A10)

Adjust range references to suit your situation.

Is that something you can work with?

Regards,

Ron Coderre
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"LilBeanie1033" wrote in message
I am attempting to build a running daily score average report based on
several categories that either have a numeric or N/A value. How do I omit
the N/A values from the average? I can't seem to make it stop assigning a
zero value to those cells.