Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default zero value cells/blank cells causing error in AVERAGE?

I'm surprised if your AVERAGE assigns a zero value to the N/A cells; I
would expect the AVERAGE to return N/A.

Try =AVERAGE(IF(ISNA(A1:A100),"",IF(A1:A100="","",A1:A 100))) as an array
formula (Control-Shift-Enter)
--
David Biddulph

"LilBeanie1033" wrote in message
I am attempting to build a running daily score average report based on
several categories that either have a numeric or N/A value. How do I omit
the N/A values from the average? I can't seem to make it stop assigning a
zero value to those cells.