Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nobody[_2_] Nobody[_2_] is offline

Default Need help, I need to add words to each row

John,

Thanks so much that worked perfectly !!!!!!!! you saved me hours of work

Thank you again
"John" wrote in message
Just in case.
When I said "Select All ", I mean select all the cells that have the
formula only.
HTH
John
"Nobody" wrote in message
Thank you,

It worked kinda, it did insert the "I Think" in front of the text already
in the column BUT when I click on the cells instead of getting the text
with "I think" in front of it I get the below in the fx bar space. I need
every cell to have the actual text not fomulas in them
="I Think"&" "&C2
="I Think"&" "&C3
="I Think"&" "&C4
="I Think"&" "&C5

"John" wrote in message
All you need to do is change the reference from A1 to C1 or any cell
number you like.
HTH
John
"Nobody" wrote in message
OK I guess I should have been more specific, I currently have data in
columns a,b,c it is column "C" that I want to add the " I think" to
every row in column "C"

Sorry I didn't give you the exact situation

Thanks
"Ashish Mathur" wrote in message

In cell B1, use the following formula ="I think "&A1 and copy down.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Nobody" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a worksheet that has several hundred rows and in 1 column I
want to add 2 words before the text that is already in the rows in
this column.

For example,

if in column A row 1-400 I have in each row a differnt line of text
i.e.

the day is long
the night is short
a dog is cool
a cat is ok

Now I want to add the 2 words "I think" in front of every row of text
so it should look like

I think the day is long
I think the night is short
I think a dog is cool