Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stig - tame racing driver Stig - tame racing driver is offline

Default Macro help with filing

Thank you

"JP" wrote in message
If Topic was in column D and Doc type was column F (per your example),
just fill this formula down in column E:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK(D2)),NOT(ISBLANK(F2))),"dm","" )

Assuming row 1 is your header row. For your date, just click a cell in
column G (or whatever column you want) and press Ctrl-; (semicolon).

No macros needed.

To save your document with a given filename, here's a macro:

Sub SaveAsFile()

Dim fileN As String
fileN = Application.GetSaveAsFilename
If fileN < False Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fileN, FileFormat:=xlNormal

HTH,
JP

On Mar 18, 5:46 am, "Stig - tame racing driver" <Derek-
wrote:
Is it possible and how do you do this:

On an excel sheet I'm going to have (see below)

Doc. Reference Doc.No Topic Orgntr Doc. Type
Created Modified

ABC 0001 123 cost dm
ppt 18/03/2009

All I want is when the topic and doc type column has been filled in. A
Marco
fills in orgnt (dm) and created column (date)and also creates the document
and saves it as 123 (for eg)

Hope you can help........... thanks