Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lindsey lindsey is offline

Default Date Conversion

Thank you, since the dates are always stored with a day, is there a way I
could change all of the days to the 1st?

"Sheeloo" wrote:

If they are dates (and not text) then they will sort by year, month, and date
without any conversion since all dates are internally stored as no of days
from 1/1/1900.

To get the year part use in B1 (or whatever is available)
=YEAR(A1)
and the month part in C1
=MONTH(A1)
assuming the date is in A1 and copy down... and sort

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a long list of dates which have the original format of YYYY/MM/DD. I
need to convert the list, so it is just the year and the month. I am not
picky about the format of the year and date, but I need to sort it by this.
Thanks in advance!