Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Help

Here is a possible work around. Use a 3 color scale. Make the "Midpoint"
Red, and the "Minimum" White. Put the number 0 in Minimum and 0.1 in
Midpoint.

jmj713 wrote:

No, unfortunately the cells still get colored red, and I need them to be
ignored.

"Bob I" wrote:

Format all cell based on their value. Then "select" Minimum, and Number
and put in what the minimum value should be like .01 or whatever.

jmj713 wrote:

I am. Hopefully someone else with Excel 2007 can. Thanks.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Are you using Excel 2007? If so, I can't help you.
--
David Biddulph

"jmj713" wrote in message

I currently have a simple Highlight rule, "Format all cells based on their
value", with the lowest colored red and the highest colored green. Where
do I
need to include the formula to skip zero and empty cells? When I change
the
Type to "Formula" and enter the formula provided in the preceding post,
Excel
gives me an error, saying "You cannot use relative references..."

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Use AND or OR functions as appropriate in your CF Formula Is condition.
What criterion are you currently applying?
--
David Biddulph

"jmj713" wrote in message

I need to use Conditional Formatting to shade a few rows on data based
on
their value. Problem is there are cells with zeros and some are empty.
need
to skip these cells. How can I do that?