Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dkingfish dkingfish is offline

Default Summing using dates that may or may not repeat

Hi all, thanks in advance. I have two questions.
I need to add values in columns based on dates that may or may not have
entries on consecutive days and possibly have entries on multiple rows using
the same date.
Date Value 1 Value 2
1/1/09 1 $150.00
1/6/09 2 $0.44
2/1/09 1 $50.00
2/1/09 2 $10.00
2/11/09 1 $100.00
The totals will be used in a report that has totals from other data for each
workday of the month.

Can I create dynamic named range? The number of entries vary each month.
and I don't want the calculation to check the entire column, only cells with
entries.

Thanks again
Dave