Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gildengorin gildengorin is offline

Default Refresh pivot table in workbook A when changing a cell in work

I moved the 10 pivot tables in workbook A, worksheet 1 to workbook B.
Essentially everything is in the same workbook. How do I use VBA to refresh
all pivot tables in the workbook when cell A1 is changed? I assume this is
straight-forward and I am just missing something. Help greatly appreciated.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

I don't think you can refresh a closed pivot table even with VBA. You might
open an instance of the file that you can't see and then refresh it but its
still in memory to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"gildengorin" wrote:

I believe this takes me into the VBA realm and that is uncharted territory
for me. Here we go: I have 10 pivot tables in workbook A on worksheet 1. I
need these pivot tables to refresh whenever cell R1C1 in workbook B on
worksheet 2 changes. I need this to be done without having to have workbook A
open (it is very large). Please advise.

Thanks!