Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Which macro module

When I try to replicate your situation, all my recorded macro go into the
same module (at the end). This would seem to make it rather easy to find.

On another note, it would be better to have multiple macros in 1 module,
then vice versa. Simply creating a module takes up file space. Generally you
would use a seperate module if you needed distinct declarations declared, not
for organization. Remember, you can easily do a quick Find to locate a macro,
or simply choose it from the drop down.

It is also easier for cleanup having fewer modules, as they can not be
simply deleted with a single keystroke.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"wal50" wrote:

At one time, a recorded macro would create a new module (module1). I could
find it, alter it and rename it something meaningful. Did that all the time.

Now any recorded macro goes to the end of a previously existing macro. It
seems to be the last macro that I had open before recording another one. I
have no idea what I did to accomplish this but it is annoying and if I don't
remember the last thing I did - time consuming.
Any ideas on getting this back to where it was.
Thanks
wal50