Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_4_] Sheeloo[_4_] is offline

Default Macro not recognizing .xlsx spreadsheet

If is not password protected then you can...

Open the file contatining the macro
Press ALT-F11 to open VB Editor...

Search for .XLS and replace by .XLSX

Or if there is a list of formats... add XLSX to it.... depends on how it has
been written...

If you can't work it out then post the relevant part of macro here...

"kevgret" wrote:

Sheeloo:

Thank you for your help.

You are correct. This Macro was written several years ago. Is there any
way to update the macro to recognize the .xlsx format? I am weary of saving
the file back down to an .xls format because the .xlsx file now has more than
256 columns and I think the old format will chop off anything more than 256
columns.

the new excel allows for something like 16,000 columns and the old excel
only has something like 256 columns.

If I could just "update" the macro to pull up the .xlsx file that would be
great.

Thanks for your reply.

Kevin

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Looks like macro has been written expecting a XLS file (might have been
written before XLSX format came out...). If you can not change the macro then
your only choice is to try saving your XLSX file in XLS (Excel 97-2003
format)...

"kevgret" wrote:

Good Morning:

I am trying to open a macro but when I go to open the worksheet the maco is
linking to I cannot because the macro is looking for a .xls spreadsheet
instead of the.xlsx file extension. The file I have the maco linked to is a
excel 2007 file extension.

I do not have the option to change the file extension options to include
.xlsx extensions.

Can anyone help me why the macro would not be recognizing a .xlsx spreadsheet?

Thank-you
Kevin