Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Macro not recognizing .xlsx spreadsheet

Which version of Excel are you using?

What do you mean by "open a macro"?

What do you mean by "open the worksheet"?

Workbooks can be opened. Worksheets cannot be opened.

Post the code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:18:09 -0700, kevgret
wrote:

Good Morning:

I am trying to open a macro but when I go to open the worksheet the maco is
linking to I cannot because the macro is looking for a .xls spreadsheet
instead of the.xlsx file extension. The file I have the maco linked to is a
excel 2007 file extension.

I do not have the option to change the file extension options to include
.xlsx extensions.

Can anyone help me why the macro would not be recognizing a .xlsx spreadsheet?

Thank-you
Kevin