Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Expanding Grouped Rows when sheet is Protected

Hi,

When a spreadsheet is protected you can't expand or collapse the groups.

You have at least two solutions 1. Use a pivot table to do your gropuing,
you can tell excel to allow the use of pivot tables when a sheet is
protected. 2. You can write VBA code to allow gives the user this control.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"SimonB" wrote:

I have worksheet which has many rows which I have grouped. I have protected
the worksheet to allow users to only input data into particular cells.

I would like to give the users the capability to Expand/Collapse the grouped
rows, but I cannot find a way to do this - basically, if the worksheet is
protected then the Grouping buttons do not work.

Using Excel 2007

Any suggestions please?