Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Even or Odd Year Function

Your formula worked okay for me. What exaclty is displayed in A1 when you
enter your formula? Only thing I can suggest is to make sure the formula is
written correctly, and that it's correctly returning a serial (date).

for your end goal, I would suggest using ISEVEN or ISODD. Both of these are
included in the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Dave H" wrote:

I am trying to use the Year Function =Year(A1). If A1 is actually a
vlookup when I place the fubction in cell B1 it works fine. However if
I place =Year(vlookup(C1,Table,3,false)) in cell A1 it no longer works
correctly. Any ideas or suggestions. I am trying to come up with a
formula that determines whether the year of a date is odd or even.

--
Dave H