Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Replacement of "IF(OR( ))"

I'm not real sure what you're looking for. Maybe this:

=IF(COUNTIF($A1:$C1,A1)1,A1,"-")

Copy across to a total of 3 cells.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe wrote in message
Dear T. Valko,
Thanks for your advice. I have studied your formula carefully. Your
suggested formular work perfectly for IF(OR(A1=B1, A1=C1), A1, "-")
situation.
I am encountering the new situation like this IF(OR(B1=A1, B1=C1), B1,
"-").
Because the parameter, B1, is located in the middle of the series number,
therefore, IF(COUNTIF( )) cannot be work. I am wondering other formula can
be
deal with this situation.

According to my example, the result which shown in the cell of A5 is 2, B5
is
"-" and C5 is 2. From this way, I can see the "2" has repeated in the
location 1st and 3rd cell.

Your advice is valuable! Many thanks,
Wilchong

T. Valko wrote:
You could use one of these:

=IF(COUNTIF(B1:C1,A1),A1,"-")

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,B1:C1,0)),"-",A1)

Dear sir,
I have an excel formular which involve 3 cells, A1, B1 and C1. The value

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
I hope you can advice me on this. Many thanks,
Wilchong