Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
mgv mgv is offline

Default reading sheet

I take your way but and on excel 2000 i go to unprotect sheet and this is
the message :

Remove protective sheet

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca ha scritto nel messaggio
And what message do you get when you attempt to unprotect the worksheet?

Does Excel ask for a password?

Excel 2003 ToolsProtectionUnprotect sheet.

Excel 2007 On RibbonViewUnprotect sheet.

Gord

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:30:57 +0100, "mgv"
wrote:

this is the message
the cell or chart you are editing is protected and therefore read-only

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
Are you sure sheet protection is passworded?

Do you get a message asking for a password or just a message that the
cell
is protected?

If the latter, simply unprotect the sheet.

If the former, see this site for info on removing sheet protection
passwords.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:37:34 +0100, "mgv"
wrote:

We have receved a sheet from a collegue and in one of cell I try to
write
text but i have a message " cell protected remove protection"
I ask to my collegue the password to solve the protection but he say me
that
there isn't any password . On our computer he can read an modify cell
without problem.
Why ?
Is possible to have some different settings ?
Someone acn help me to write in cell??
thanks