Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Replacement of "IF(OR( ))"

You could use one of these:

=IF(COUNTIF(B1:C1,A1),A1,"-")

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,B1:C1,0)),"-",A1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe wrote in message
news:93273c20709b1@uwe...
Dear sir,
I have an excel formular which involve 3 cells, A1, B1 and C1. The value
in
cell of A1, B1 and C1 is 2,6 & 2. I place this formular, IF(OR(A1=B1,
A1=C1)
, A1, "-") in the cell A5 and the result shown in A5 is 2.

My question is that I want to know is there other excel formular can
replace
this formula? The reason I want to know because in the real world, it may
involve more than 3 cells e.g. 5 cells. The multiple effect of the
formular
will be extremely massive if I still apply this formular: IF(OR( )).

I hope you can advice me on this. Many thanks,
Wilchong