Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Matching !!

Hi,

Here is some code

Adjust your ranges:

Sub Match()
Dim myCon As String
Dim myCell As Range
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Sheet2.Range("A2:A10")
myCon = ""
For Each myCell In Sheet1.Range("A1:A15")
If cell = myCell Then
If myCon = "" Then
myCon = myCell.Offset(0, 1)
Else
myCon = myCon & ", " & myCell.Offset(0, 1)
Next myCell
cell.Offset(0, 1) = myCon
Next cell
End Sub

NOTE VBA comparisons are case sensitive, so Monte carlo is not equal to
Monte Carlo

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

" wrote:

Hi,

I have two worksheets - Sheet1 and Sheet2

Sheet 1
Col A Col B
Codes A/C Numbers
Pacific 145762
Atlantic 345782
Monte carlo 478562
Pacific 785

Sheet 2
Col A
Codes ( unique )
Pacific
Atlantic
Monte Carlo

I am using Excel 2007,
I need to match Sheet 2 Col A data with Sheet1 Col A data,
if any match found i need result in Col B of Sheet 2. If there are
more than one then
the A/C numbers to be separated by comma ( eg., 145762,785)

Sheet 1 has Approximately 1.5 Lakh Row

Sheet 2 has only 10,000 rows.

Please help me guys....