Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abby Abby is offline

Default how to autopopulate a cell using a formula

That formula doesn't work. It always brings up "Other than Basic" even when
I have yellow in the field.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

No. It would be:

=if(and(b1="yellow",b2="green"),"BASIC","Other than Basic")

Regards,
Fred.

"ABBY" wrote in message
if i want to say Yellow and green would be basic would the formula be

=IF(B1="yellow,green","BASIC","Why Not Yellow?")

"Russ_Hiatt" wrote:

in cell A1 place an if statement (=IF(B1="yellow","BASIC","Why Not
Yellow?"))but thats will only show basic if its yellow and not for any
other
color. If they dont say "yellow" then "why Not Yellow" will be in A1. you
can
do the same for A2 just with different wording.

"ABBY" wrote:

i am trying to create a formula to allow the cell to autopopulate a
category.
For example
If I type "yellow" in B1 I want "BASIC" to appear in A1
If I type "green" in B2 I want "PRIMARY" to appear in A2