lrb

Hi Bernard,

I have many worksheets that use the same information. What I'd like to do
is assign a function so that when I type in (for example) EE-A in cell a1
that cell b1 would fill in with $295.92. This way I take the "human" factor
out of entering figures that I could transpose or accidentally fill in the
wrong figure. My problem is that I have 12 different scenarios where cell a1
could be EE-A or EE-B or EE-C or EE+Sp-A or EE+Sp-B or EE+Sp-C, etc etc.
Each of the 12 scenarios would need to produce their own specific dollar
amount. I know that with IF you can only assign 7 versions. Is there any
way to accomplish what I'm hoping for? It doesn't have to be an If, Then
statement. I just don't know enough about Excel to make this happen. Thanks
for your help!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Like all functions, IF allows up to 7 nesting levels. You could try a
'lookup' function (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP)
Tell us more about the actual problem - please be concise!
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"rlb" wrote in message
Hello. I need help with what I thought was a simple "If, Then" type of
function. I would like to use functions to fill information in another
cell.
My problem is that the first cell has a possibility of 12 different
options
which would then result in a value. (So 12 options = 12 different
values.)
Is this possible or can you tell me how to accompish this task?