Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
El Bee El Bee is offline

Default Complex Sumif

I found this formula to work, sometimes!
In my spreadsheet I have 4 Names: Cost_Center, Acct_nbr, Mth, and Amt.

These names point to different columns on a seperat worksheet. I used the
forumla help menu option to build a Sumproduct array and with each array I
entered it would display the resuts; correctly but when I closed the window
and the formula entered into the cell I get the #N/A error.

Here's the formula
=SUMPRODUCT((Acct=660000)*(Cost_Center="1170-17008")*(Mth="Mar"),Amt)
There is 2 records and it has the following values:
Record #1:
Acct= 660000
Cost_Center = "1170-17008"
Mth = "Mar"
Amt = $20.75

Record #2:
Acct= 660000
Cost_Center = "1170-17008"
Mth = "Apr"
Amt = $750.00

According to the formula I should see a value of $20.75 but I get #N/A
instead.

Not sure why this is happening

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
sumif is good only for 1 criteria. sumproduct would do the same and works
with more than one criterial.
a example based on your example.....
=SUMPRODUCT((C2:C100="cost center")*(G2:G100)*(J2:J100="march"))

if you have never worked with sumproduct, see this site for more info

regards
FSt1

"El Bee" wrote:

I'm not sure sumif is the correct use.

I have a table (table1) which contains the following:
Column C= a cost center
Column G = $$$$
Column J = Month of year

I need to sum all the qualifying amounts in column G if they equal the same
cost_center in Column C AND are in the same month in Column J.

Will Sumif work here? If not what can I use?

Thanks for helping,

El Bee