Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
thanks thanks is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Use conditional formatting for the individual area based on the value
selected from the drop down. Select the area that is to be filled in by
Dept1 Go to conditional formating and use formula A3=Dept1 then set your fill
color. Do the same for each Department.

"dicko1" wrote:

I have a form that will be filled out by parties from different areas.
I have a drop down list that the user selects the area they are from.
At that point I would like to be able to make different input boxes
appear or highligh specific boxes for the user to fill out depending
on what area they select.

If you enter a formatting function into the actual cell to be filled
out, it will only work once because the user will overwrite the
function the first time the form is used. There has got to be a way to
get around this, for example:

Could I put a formula in cell A30 that says: =if(A3=Seattle,
A5=Yellow, A5=Black)

Even though A30 is completely unrelated to the boxes I want adjusted,
it would control them if the values were met.

Thanks,
Ryan