Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AGA AGA is offline

Default Calculating combination of text occurances

THANK YOU!!!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use =SUMPRODUCT()

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000="Aetna")*(B1:B1000="employee "))

and similar formulas for the other 5 combinations
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838

"AGA" wrote:

HI,

I am attempting to update our medical benefits spreadsheet. I would like to
calculate how many employees are enrolled in each plan type. Column A lists
the provider (Aetna, Kaiser and Blue Shield), Column B lists the coverage
type (employee, emp + spouse etc). I wanted a total for each possible
combination from both colums.
For example:
Kaiser+Employee
Kaiser+Employee/Spouse
Aetna+Employee

I have failed miserably with the COUNTIF and hope someone out there will
take pity on me and show me the light.
Thanks,
AGA