Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Quintile Returns

Hi,

Sorry, I missed that. Try this instead:

=PERCENTILE(E1:E4,0.2)

You can do any ...tile with this. In your case use .2, .4, .6, .8, 1

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tom Freeman" wrote:

There is a quartile function but no quintile function. I am basically
looking to split the data in the following way:

# of employess
Largest 20% Rank
21%-40%
41%-60%
61%-80%
81%-100%

And than show the average return for each group.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not completely sure what a quintile return is but Excel has a QUINTILE
function which you might want to consider.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tom Freeman" wrote:

I am specifically looking at a table with two fields (# of employees, Return)
in which I want to calculate the quintile return based on the # of employees.

"Tom Freeman" wrote:

What is the best way to calculate quintile returns for a long list of return
data?