Gord Dibben

Kim

In an out of the way column in your summary sheet type a list of your sheet
names.

Then you can use the INDIRECT Function in your formulas.

i.e. list of sheets in AA1:AA12

In A1 enter =INDIRECT(AA1 & "!" & "$A$4")

Drag/copy down to A12

If you want the sheet names on a separate sheet, just preface the AA1 with the
sheet name.

=INDIRECT('Name Sheet'!AA1 & "!" & "$A$4")

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 May 2005 13:43:36 -0700, Kim wrote:

I have a workbook that contains several work sheets with very similar
information. In each of these sheets, I need to make a reference from that
sheet to a summary sheet. I need entries on the summary sheet for each of
the other worksheets. The cell references for each sheet will be the same.
For example, the cell a4 in the sheet January will be referenced in the
summary. a4 will also be referenced in the summary from the sheet February,
etc.

Is there a quick way to reference all of the other sheets in the summary
without editing the linking formula in the summary sheet? (e.g.
=January!$A$1 changed to =February!$A$1 )

Thank you!

Kim