Chip Pearson

You can format the cells as Text prior to entering the numbers,
or precede each number with an apostrope (single quote).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"WhiteHawk" wrote in message
I am fairly new at using Excel - I am attempting to create a
spreadsheet that includes vehicle information.... the Vehicle
Title Numbers are seventeen digits - after I insert those numbers
they appear to be calculated/converted in some way - the
seventeen digit number is converted into the following:
5.74094E+15

If I double-click within that cell, then the number reverts back
to the seventeen digit number I entered. Is there some way I
can prevent the Title Number from being calculated/converted?