Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kiley Kiley is offline

Default How do I automatically hide "FALSE" rows?

I did create a macro but it will not work if I protect the worksheet. I need
to protect the worksheet so that the formulas cannot be changed. Is there a
way around this?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There's no formula that will hide rows.

You'll either need a macro or teach the users to show the data and filter it
again.

(If you teach them, they'll be able to use filters in lots of workbooks!)

Kiley wrote:

That works but I was hoping that there was a formula to help do this because
I am using this workbook as a template and the employees may change. If I
appy the filter and change the employees, the new employees are not
automatically visible.

"Luke M" wrote:

You could apply a filter (Data, Filter, AutoFilter) and then have your filter
show everything that does not equal FALSE. (under custom)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Kiley" wrote:

I have created the following "IF" formula =IF('officer
data'!Z4="fse",'officer data'!A4) to pull employees that have a status of
"fse" from another worksheet in the same workbook. I only want to show the
rows that are "TRUE" and automatically hide rows that are "FALSE"

--

Dave Peterson