Bill Elerding

Thanks, Gord. I tried Biff's recommendation first, though will be trying
yours this evening. I really appreciate the help. The contatenation really
caused me some problems.
--
William Elerding

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Bill

Get rid of the '= part of the text so's you have just the

CONCATENATE(Q5,R5,S5,V5,Q5,P5,N5,W5,N5,O5,T5) in the cell.

Then copy/paste this UDF into a module.

Function EvalCell(RefCell As String)
Application.Volatile
EvalCell = Evaluate(RefCell)
End Function

Usage is =EvalCell(cellref) where cellref is the cell with the above text.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:36:02 -0700, "Bill Elerding"
wrote:

I have concatenated a number of cells to make a formula that I will update
data on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, the formula is in text currently, as
noted below:

'=CONCATENATE(Q5,R5,S5,V5,Q5,P5,N5,W5,N5,O5,T5)

When I try to replace the ' it does not find it. I presume this is
because it is currently text. Formating the column as either General or
Number does not seem to work. Conversely, if I enter the cells and back
space over the ' , it works fine.

And this is what it looks like when I copy it over into it's destination
cell before deleting the ' :
=if(Data!c44="D",Data!k44,"")

Any thoughts or macro's I can try to have a functioning formula?

THANKS!