Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default growth in size of worksheet

I've never seen a file grow that large. And I've even tried to use a file that
large.

I would not try to correct the problem.

I would start a new workbook and copy the data, formulas, formatting from just
the ranges that I used into that new workbook.

Don't forget Names, code, page setup, objects, ....

======
Is there any chance that you've been adding objects (pictures/controls) each
time you update the data--maybe copying from web pages and having invisible
objects pasted into the worksheet?

Jim wrote:

I add and delete numerous lines to a workbook every day. Although the actual
updated visiable file should be relatively small (~35K), it keeps growing
daily apparently holding on to deleted (not visable) rows until its size is
350M (10,000 times larger) and it comes to a crawl to update. How do I keep

the size managable.

Thank you

--

Dave Peterson