Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default clarification on VLOOKUP

If your table_array is, say A:C, then if you want to retrieve result from,
say column C, col_index_num must be 3 (3rd column of table_array). It has no
relation with month. Check your layout or post the task you want to do!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Hamsa€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,ran ge_lookup)

If I use MONTH(TODAY()) in place of col_index_num, I am getting an error.

I have also tried TODAY() in cell A1, MONTH(A1) in cell B1 and
B1 in place of col_index_num. I still get an error.

Is it allowed ? Is there an alternative?

Thanks in advance for any valuable guidance
Hamsa