Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What kind of formula would I use for an annual amount for rent

No you shouldn't. If you look up the SUM function in Excel help you will
see that it is a function for giving you the SUM of a group of numbers, in
other words adding them together.

You haven't asked the function to add anything to A1*12, so you don't need
the SUM function. If you want A1*12, thye formula is =A1*12
--
David Biddulph

maria wrote:
Thank you so much for your assistance, but should I also use
something like this
=SUM(A1*12)?

Hi,

=12*Monthly

or

=12*1200

or if 1500 is in A1 then in a blank cell

=A1*12

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"maria" wrote:

Could someone please help me, I am trying to figure out what type
of formula I should use in my "Estimated Diner Expenses" worksheet
for school. For example:
Monthly Rent is 1500 what would be the formula to use to figure the
Annual Rent amount?
--
Maria A Adams