Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pam Pam is offline

Default I want excel to input data in a cell from multiple cell choice

It changes daily. Sometimes there are various numbers throughout the row,
from D11 to O11. I only need to track and change the value if the ICW or
ASFC land in one of those columns. There are on most occasions multiple
numbers in a row, hence the NA.

For Example

D11 E11 F11 G11 H11 I11 J11 K11 L11 M11 N11 O11
2 8 4
NA
OR

ICW 3
2

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

In your current workbook with the data what are the values of D11, E11, F11
and L11

Gord

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:52:01 -0700, Pam
wrote:

Ok, the formula works in a brand new blank worksheet, but not in the one I
have all of my data in. What am I doing wrong?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

As long as you have ICW in D11 it won't matter what you have in the other
cells, you will return 2

You will get the correct results if only one of the cells has the correct
entry or none of the cells has the correct entry........then you get N/A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:33:01 -0700, Pam
wrote:

I pasted your formula into cell Q11 and it keeps giving me a number 2, no
matter what entry I make.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(D11="ICW",2,IF(F11="ICW",1,IF(L11="ICV",3,IF(E 11="ASFC",5,"N/A"))))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200837