Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Curtis[_2_] Dave Curtis[_2_] is offline

Default Filling down text in increments of three

Hi,

Or just use whatever formula you were already using, and apply a custom
nuber format of

general" steps"

which will automatically add a space followed by the word steps to any
number in those cells.

Dave

"Josh W" wrote:

How can I fill a worksheet all the way down with the following:
A1=2 steps
A2=2 steps
A3=2 steps
A4=3 steps
A5=3 steps
A6=3 steps
A7=4 steps
A8=4 steps
A9=4 steps
And so on, each in increments of three, all the way down the sheet. I asked
the same question yesterday for numbers only without text and got some
excellent formulas for that. Today I specifically need to enter the number
and the text in the same cell - "4 steps". Thanks. Excel 2003