Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Concatenate a date and name

What do you want to do with the date and name. I am a bit confused by your
description but I get the feeling that you want to use it as a file name. Is
this correct?

The forward slash that is the delimiter in the dates in the previous posts
cannot be used in a file name. Use date format like mm dd yyyy or some other
format that has acceptable characters for the file name.

Also consider reversing the dateformat to yyyy mm dd format and if it is the
first part of the file name then you can use it to index the filenames.

OssieMac

"rd251" wrote:

Each time I try to concatenate a date cell (ex 03/01/09) with a name file (ex
Johnson) the formul puts the date into its digital representative along with
the name (in the ex the result is 39508 Johnson). Is it even possible to
combine the two files? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.