Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default Excel Formulas (Insert Define Name)

Hello Bob,
Thanks for pointing that out...

That is what I wanted to say but... it did not come out right...

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

"Sheeloo" <Click above to get my email id wrote in message

-- converts the values to 1 or 0... so use it when counting... remove it
from one set if you want to SUM

Not correct. -- coerces TRUE or FALSE to 1 or 0, it has no effect on a
numeric value.

--17 is 17

--"abc" is #VALUE"

--TRUE is 9

so although it is not necessary for values being summed, or more accurately
values not being conditionally evaluated, it is not removing them that makes
it summable, SUMPRODUCT is what makes it summable.