David McRitchie

Hi Joe,
You realize that the macro works on a selection of cells.

I can't duplicate what you say you are getting. There is
one foible with generating a bunch of hyperlinks with the
fill handle. Several of them are the same hyperlink or
act like it so if you destroy some of them with the macro
-- you actually destroy more than a selection of only some
of them. But that sounds rather opposite of the problem
you are experiencing.

---
HTH,

"Joe Reggae" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I'm using Excel 2002 and have a spreadsheet in which nearly every cell has
somehow come to contain an unwanted hyperlink to an external file. I can
remove these links one cell at a time (right-click, Remove Hyperlink),
however there are too many cells affected to do this manually. I have tried
using a macro ...

Sub RemoveHyperlinks()
Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

but this has no effect. The link text (shown in a tooltip) is ...
file:///C:\Desktop Guidelines\3.00 Piping Inspection Programs\3.08 Below
Grade Piping Inspection Guidelines\3.08.11 Excavated Pipe Inspection
Guideline.doc

Can anyone suggest a way to get rid of these links? Thanks in advance.